Saturday, December 1, 2007

Seriously?

Okay, so these past few weeks I have been extremely repetitive, at least it seems like it. These past few weeks it seems that a big development happens within the top ranks. Does this happen every year and I just notice it more this year because I write about it every week. Maybe...I digress. Anyways, back to the post at hand. So Missouri just lost at the hand of the Oklahoma Sooners. So now it gets really, really tricky. You have a couple of teams vying for the national championship. I'm just glad I don't have to sort this mess out.

The Teams:

1) Ohio State: The talking heads seem to stand pretty pat that they are in the NC come January. They have only lost once, they won the big ten championship, and seem to have been the most consistent all year.

So, assuming that OSU gets in you have these teams vying for the final spot:

2) LSU: They have a very good argument in that they won the toughest conference in the nation in the SEC. They actually lost as the number one rank twice this year which is actually quite impressive. They also beat 6 ranked teams this year.

3) Georgia: They are the hottest team right now. They lost two games all year, as did LSU. They are riding high right now and they are ranked fourth behind OSU at this point in time.

4) USC: They are flying high as well but I think they are too little too late to come back in the mix right now. However, they are getting some pub right now, so don't count them out.

5) Kansas: Losing to Mizzou might have done them in, despite only having one loss this year. Something to build on I guess.

6) Va. Tech: I don't think so, their losses hurt them too much earlier this season.

Well that's my run down. To end I will leave you with a little National Championship prediction:

OSU vs. LSU

No comments: