Saturday, December 8, 2007

Football in General

So today was a big day in Football in general. Not only just NFL but also in the Heisman watch. This football year in the NCAA has been full of upset from Michigan VS Appalachian State to the close game between Indiana VS Purdue. As Irish talked about in his recent post with the Heisman watch he hated the Gators and he didn't really say but hinted to him not wanting Tim Tebow to win. The NFL this year has been full of big games with the biggest being New England Patriot's overtaking the Indianapolis Colts.
With Tim Tebow winning the Heisman, the talk of the Heisman trophy is over. I feel he should have won the trophy because of stats you can read in Irish's post. I do feel that Ohio States running back Chris "Beanie" Wells should have been a candidate. I feel with his presence on the field along with the way he can contribute to the game changes the way a game goes in general. Like Tim Tebow he was a threat in more than just on the ground, but also in the air. He had thrown for many yards this season, along with his running game. He could change directions on a dime along with his intelligence on the field. You can tell with the respect the players show him on the field that he has more than just authority on the field but he is also a good friend. Many people may think a good friend doesn't really count for much, but when a teammate is also a good friend he can convince a player that wants to give up in a game to give it to go the extra mile and win the game.
Secondly, I would like to talk about the NFL. Like I said before the NFL this year has been full of big games. I hate the Patriots, but I will give them credit this year for the way they have played this year. They have been doing real well and have the chance of being the second undefeated team. The only other team that have been undefeated are the 1972 Miami Dolphins. I think the Patriots do have the total package along with the Colts, but they have gotten lucky. I don't think they would have won against the Colts if the Colts did have all of there players but who knows, they didn't. The Patriots bring a good running game, a great quarterback, awesome wide outs, and an even better defense. They may just be the best team ever to be in the NFL. What I want to know is how can people compare Brady to Manning. Brady is not even half of what Manning is because not only does Manning command an excellent offense, but he stays in the game and still competes even if he doesn't have everyone that should be on the field. This shows a lot of mental strength to do instead of backing out. I don't think Brady has that mental strength that Manning has because frankly Brady has never not had anyone "great" to throw to. Manning has struggled a lot this year without Harrison, but I think when he comes back, it will be a completely different story as I have said many times before.
The Colts play this weekend the Baltimore Ravens. I made a mistake on my last blog saying that the Colts played them over last weekend, but I correct myself by saying they play them this weekend. I don't think the Colts will have a problem with the Raven's at all because the Raven's frankly don't have much of an offense. I feel their defense is pretty strong because of their commander Ray "Ray Ray" Lewis. I am pretty excited about the game because I think this is a measuring stick to the rest of their success. Hopefully they blow out the Raven's because I mean i didn't give a whole lot of credit to the Raven's, but they are decent. We will just have to see!

1 comment:

Perfumes said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.